Borrowing library books is free, but if you keep the books past their due date, late fees will apply
You will not be charged late fees on the days that your library is closed.
Charges for returning books after the due date:
Adults (18+) 17p per book per day overdue.
- You will not be charged late fees on the days that your library is closed
- Children's items borrowed using an adults card will be charged at adult rates
- Replacement charges will be made for items not returned, damaged or lost
University of Worcester Fees and Charges:
If you are a University of Worcester student, please visit the University site for information about fees and charges for University books.
Item Replacement Charges:
If you lose your library book, damage it, or fail to return it, you will be charged for a replacement.
Replacement Library Card Charges:
- Adults (18+) - £1.10 per replacement cards
- Children - First replacement free, subsequent replacements 55p
- Adults (18+) - 80p for items in stock at any county library
- Children (up to 18th birthday) - Free for items in stock at any county library
- Inter-Library Loan - Items not in county stock and obtained by Inter-Library Loan are priced according to suppliers current charges. Renewal charges may also apply
To enquire about Inter-Library Loans, please speak to a member of staff at your local library.
- Borrowing DVDs, CDs and Spoken Word
- Music CDs: £1.40 for 2 weeks
- Spoken word (talking books): £1.40 for 3 weeks
- DVDs: U, PG or 12: £1.40 per week
- DVDs: 15 or 18: £1.90 per week
- Blu-Ray DVDs: £2.60 per week
Please also note there is a charge of £5 for a lost printed insert of any of these items.
Printing and Photocopying
- A4 Black and White - 15p per side
- A4 Colour - 50p per side
- A3 Black and White - 25p per side
- A3 Colour - 85p per side
Scanning facilities are available in some libraries.
Microfilm/Fiche Reader/Printer Copies
- A4 sheet - 85p per side
- A3 sheet - £1.40 per side
Please note these services not available in all libraries.
- Some libraries offer fax facilities with prices based on destination
- United Kingdom - £1.30 (first sheet) £0.65 (per subsequent sheet)
- Europe - £3.25 (first sheet) £1.95 (per subsequent sheet)
- North America - £5.20 (first sheet) £2.60 (per subsequent sheet)
- Elsewhere - £7.80 (first sheet) £3.90 (per subsequent sheet)
- Reception - £0.65 per sheet
Items for sale
Some libraries offer these products for sale:
- USB Memory Stick (4GB): £5.99
- Earphones: £1.60
- Readyspex®: As priced
- Magnifying Sheet £2.10