School Closures Tomorrow

Highways Licence – Tables and Chairs

Worcestershire benefits from a vibrant, visitor-focused economy, and supporting this is one of our primary aims. Outdoor seating on the highway for premises including cafés, pubs and restaurants, can increase footfall and make the street more attractive to visit. To use tables and chairs on the footway outside your premises, you will need to apply for a Highways Licence, following the steps below:

Step 1:

Download and read our guidance document: Guidance for Pavement Café Seating and Other Business Uses of Pavement Space (opens in a new window)

Step 2:

Download the form (opens in a new window)

Step 3:

Follow the instructions to fill in the form and send it along with supporting photographs/certificates to