The Worcestershire Registration Service has agreed the following standards of customer service:
- staff will be polite, courteous and will identify themselves by name
- interviews will be held in private rooms
- the information given during the registration process will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to anyone who is not entitled to it by law
- the process of registering births, deaths and marriages operates in accordance with the provisions of various Acts of Parliament. Staff will offer to explain what can be quite complex rules and regulations.
Registration Offices with appointment facilities will endeavour to offer an appointment to:
- customers wishing to register a death within two working days (Target 95%)
- customers wishing to register a birth within three working days (Target (95%)
- customers wishing to give notice of marriage within five working days (Target 95%)
- all customers will be seen within 10 minutes of their appointment time (target 95%)
- customers without an appointment will be able to complete their business on the day if they choose to wait.
- applications for copy certificates will be dispatched within 5 working days of receipt (target 95%)
- if appropriate, customers will be given at the beginning of an appointment an indication of how long it will take
- the Service aims to fully respond to all letters or provide a progress report on more complex issues within two working days of receipt (Target 90%)
If you have a comment, compliment or complaint about the Worcestershire Registration Service, please contact the Registration & Coroners Services Manager at email@example.com.