If you have requested support for a family
you've worked with, please give us your feedback through our
Online Feedback Form
Introduction to Stronger Families
The Stronger Families programme is
Worcestershire's response to the government's 'Troubled Families'
agenda. The government estimates that 900 families in
Worcestershire meet the national criteria of:
- having an adult on out of work benefits,
- children not being in school (unauthorised
- family members being involved in crime and anti-social
Additional grant funding is being made
available to local authorities to support intensive and challenging
work with families who meet all three of the above criteria or at
least two of the above criteria and one of Worcestershire's locally
The programme has a steering group who have
agreed an integrated response based on:
- A team of Stronger Family Support Workers
- Delivery of an intensive Stronger Families Intervention
- Multi-agency working with families
- Co-working with social care teams, and
- Support for identified key workers in specialist family support
teams, schools, AOHN projects, housing providers etc.
Troubled Families Agenda Video Clip
Families Agenda MP4 file 6.8 MB
The Stronger Families Team
Telephone: 01905 766796
If you are eligible for support from the
Stronger Families team, you may have been given a leaflet by a
support worker or your child's school. If you have not been
approached and think you qualify for Stronger Families support,
please contact the Early
Help Hub on 01905 822666.
This page was last reviewed 31 July 2014 at 13:50.
The page is next due for review 27 January 2016.