Worcestershire's Stronger Families Programme is our response to
the government's national 'troubled families' agenda.
Latest news on our Stronger Families programme
Introduction to Stronger Families
The Stronger Families programme is
Worcestershire's response to the government's 'Troubled Families'
agenda. The government estimates that 900 families in
Worcestershire meet the national criteria of:
- having an adult on out of work benefits,
- children not being in school (unauthorised
- family members being involved in crime and anti-social
Additional grant funding is being made
available to local authorities to support intensive and challenging
work with families who meet all three of the above criteria or at
least two of the above criteria and one of Worcestershire's locally
The programme has a steering group who have
agreed an integrated response based on:
- A team of Stronger Family Support Workers
- Delivery of an intensive Stronger Families Intervention
- Multi-agency working with families
- Co-working with social care teams, and
- Support for identified key workers in specialist family support
teams, schools, AOHN projects, housing providers etc
Troubled Families Agenda Video Clip
Families Agenda MP4 file 6.8 MB
The Stronger Families Programme -
please contact Debbie Herbert if you have any queries.
Telephone: 01905 766831
This page was last reviewed 10 June 2013 at 10:25.
The page is next due for review 7 December 2014.