Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the SLCN Pathway
- Did you know.......?
- What information can be found in
Q1. Who is the SLCN Pathway for?
A. You will find the SLCN Pathway useful if you are:
- In a setting or school
- A parent
- A health professional
- A speech and language therapist
- A member of a support service
- Anyone with an interest in the development of children's
speech, language and communication skills
Q2. Did you know.......?
- In some parts of the UK, up to and over 50% of children are
starting school with poor language and communication skills.
- There are over a million children in the UK who have long-term
and persistent SLCN which can affect them for life.
Q3. What information can be found in the Pathway?
A. In the Pathway, you will find:
- Tools to support the identification of children and young
people with SLCN;
- Audit tools for practitioners;
- Guidance on creating and maintaining a "communication-friendly"
- Information for parents and carers;
- Tools to promote the active participation of children and their
- Guidance and links to training and workforce
- A clear route for referral to specialist services;
- Signposts to sources of further information and support.
Within the SLCN Pathway :
- The use of child/children
refers to children and young people
- The use of setting includes
childminders, children's centres, nurseries, pre-schools,
- The use of parents refers to
parents and carers.
Highlighting the importance of speech, language and
communication across the children's workforce and to enable
practitioners to access the best training and expertise to support
the communication needs of all children.
- Hello Campaign
Here you will find what the Hello campaign is all
- Language for Learning
Provides courses and resources for staff from Early Years to
Secondary Level and training and materials for trainers to deliver
these courses within their own Authorities
Speech and Language Therapy
Information from Worcestershire's NHS about speech and language
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This page was last reviewed 17 May 2013 at 13:41.
The page is next due for review 13 November 2014.