Supporting Adults with HIV and AIDS
Social Worker who is responsible for supporting those with HIV is
based with the Physical Disability Team based at Bridgewater House.
Although based with the team a substantial amount of time is based
at The Worcester AIDS Foundation.
The Social Worker works as part of The Worcestershire
HIV Team to support those people who are HIV positive or those
whose life is affected by HIV; you may be a carer, or family
Support is provided to those who require assistance due to the
impact of the HIV status, this may be emotional or practical.
- You may want to discuss disclosing your status
- You may be concerned about who to disclose to
- You may want some advice about employment issues or
- You may be concerned about someone you care for
- You may be feeling pressures from being a carer
- You may be struggling to attend your clinic/hospital
- You may want someone with you when you first attend your clinic
- If the Local Authority is not able to help you directly the
team will assist you in finding alternative support.
- If you would
like to make a referral then please follow the instructions for
- If you would like to talk confidentially about issues relating
to HIV/ AIDS then please contact Worcester AIDS Foundation.
HIV Support services using the NHS Choices website.
- Worcester Aids
The Worcester Aids Foundation provides a range of practical and
emotional support services to anyone infected, affected or simply
worried by HIV, living in Worcestershire and
This page was last reviewed 26 April 2013 at 14:32.
The page is next due for review 23 October 2014.