Search Suggestions
Close Search Suggestions
A - Z of Resident Services:
You are here:
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions FAQs about Flooding and Drainage

Flooding and Drainage main image

<< Back to Flooding and Drainage main page

What is the difference between a Private and a Public sewer?

A private sewer is any pipe serving more than one property and the majority of domestic houses are connected to a private sewer.

All private sewers eventually lead to a public sewer and these will be the responsibility of Severn Trent Water.

Who is responsible for flooding and drainage?

Worcestershire County Council is responsible for maintaining highway drainage. The county council is responsible for the removal of surface water from the carriageway and footway as quickly as possible under normal weather conditions.

How do I report either flooding drainage or both?

To report an issue on the highways please use our online form

Further Information

In this section

More Information

See also in our website

External websites

  • National Flood Forum 
  • Worcestershire's Trader Register is a free online directory of home improvement trades people who have given their commitment to provide good workmanship.
  • Highways Agency
    The Highways Agency is an Executive Agency of the Department for Transport (DfT), and is responsible for operating, maintaining and improving the strategic road network in England on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport.

We are not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more

Was this information helpful?

Please rate the content of this page
Would you like to provide any additional comments relating to the content of this page? Your feedback will help us to improve the content of our web pages

This page was last reviewed 6 May 2014 at 9:32.
The page is next due for review 2 November 2015.