Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
If you feel a child in your setting has
emerging or existing special needs and/or disabilities, then the
Inclusion Team can support you on a range of issues relating to
matters of inclusion.
The Inclusion Team encourages providers to
take responsibility for making changes to their provision to meet
the needs of the children in your care. The inclusion team
can support the development of inclusive practice by advising
- Supporting early identification and intervention
- Observations and planning for children with SEN
- Role of Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Guidance on Individual Support/Educational Plans and Provision
- Visual aids and strategies
- Strategies to support specific areas of development
- Behaviour management for children with SEN
- Support with liaison with parents for consistency of
- Guidance on SEN policies required within early years
- Support with and signposting to a range of professionals and
- Support with transition
The Inclusion Team provides support to early years and childcare
settings in a number of ways. Early years and childcare providers
can receive support from our inclusion specialist teams to enable
them to fully include children with additional needs. You can find
out more about funding
opportunities,the support available to parents of children
with additional needs and view our useful resources for
inclusion booklets and leaflets. Contact
The Inclusion Team.
Ofsted inspects and
regulates services which care for children and young people, and
those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
The Department for Education
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This page was last reviewed 19 September 2014 at 14:15.
The page is next due for review 17 March 2016.