The Promoting Independence service will assess your abilities
and difficulties with managing activities of daily living. The aim
of the service is to help you regain or learn new skills to live
your everyday life and stay within your community. It will also
give you time to regain confidence in your own abilities and
understand what you need to do to stay safe and well.
The Promoting Independence team is made up of physiotherapists,
occupational therapists, promoting independence assistants and
domiciliary care managers who are supported by a team of office
assistants working across the whole of the county.
Download the full Promoting
Independence information (PDF 82 KB) - which
- How long does the Promoting Independence service lasts
- Where you will receive the Promoting Independence service
- When the service is available
- How you will be assessed during the Promoting Independence
- What happens if you still require some support after your time
with the Promoting Independence service
- Are you eligible to receive the Promoting Independence
- If you already receive social care support services; can you
use the Promoting Independence service
- What outcomes are
print version of the Promoting Independence information (PDF 86
Find out more
You can ask for help yourself or you may ask someone such as a
relative, friend or health professional to contact us on your
behalf. In the first instance contact should be made with the Adult
Duty Team or a Customer Services Advisor at:
Tel: 0845 607 2000
- Care Choices -
Information about available care options and help to identify
relevant care providers.
- Care Quality Commission - Get
free, independent reports on the quality of your local homes and
care services to help you make an informed choice.
- Carewise -
Services and activities to support your care needs and general
- Counsel and Care
- National charity working with older people, their
families and carers to get the best care and support.
Disability Living Allowance - Information from
This page was last reviewed 26 March 2013 at 13:07.
The page is next due for review 22 September 2014.