About the Countryside Service
The Countryside Service is a service unit of Worcestershire
The Countryside Service manages:
- over 18 countryside sites including 3 Green Flag
standard countryside parks, 11 picnic places, 2 Sites of
Special Scientific Interest and 6 Local Nature Reserves
- 16000+ rights of way totalling more than 3000 miles in length
and 140 miles of waymarked trails and circular walks
- rights of way definitive map and statement, geographical
information system, public path and definitive map modification
orders and enforcement
- over 400 active volunteers
- 9 permanent residential gypsy sites
Team Roles and Plans and Strategies:
> Get Adobe PDF Reader
environmental food and rural affairs.
Creating sustainable waterways for the
- English Heritage
Looking after the historical environment in England for future
The government agency responsible for protecting and improving the
environment, water, land and air.
- Natural England
Government advisor on the natural environment.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
This page was last reviewed 7 August 2013 at 9:22.
The page is next due for review 3 February 2015.