Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership in conjunction with Worcestershire County Council have launched a new skills campaign for Worcestershire, ‘Creating our Future Workforce’. The campaign aims to encourage businesses to get involved with developing Worcestershire’s skilled workforce of the future.
Businesses of all sizes in Worcestershire can get involved with ‘Creating our Future Workforce’ through a variety of pathways. A list of ways to get involved with the campaign can be seen below and these are just examples of how companies can get involved.
- Assembly talks to schools
- Supporting young people with mock interviews and CV workshops
- Attending Careers Fayres and Worcestershire Skills show
- Opening your doors to young people to see your work environment and the work you do
- Offering a young person a work experience or internship opportunity in your business whilst they are studying
- Employing a young person into your business as an apprentice
- Become an Enterprise Adviser and support an educational establishment to facilitate meaningful careers activity for students
The campaign was launched at the Worcestershire LEP Annual Conference on Friday 30 November as part of a skills panel. the ‘Creating our Future Workforce’ campaign will feature at the upcoming Worcestershire Skills Show, where it will be unveiled what businesses from around the county have signed onto the programme and how their commitment has been able to improve career opportunities for young people in the county.
Businesses who want to get involved in the campaign can find out more by emailing the team on CEC@Worcestershire.gov.uk
More information on the Worcestershire Careers & Enterprise Company programme:
If you would like more information on Apprenticeships in Worcestershire: