Flooding Advisory And Road Closures
Alert issued on 21st November 2012
Flooding advisory and road closures - November, 21
Residents are urged to be aware of possible flooding due to heavy rainfall across Worcestershire, and to take extra care on the county's roads.
Current road closure information (updated 5pm, Wednesday, November 21):
Roads in the south of the county:
- A44, Broadwas
- Woodbury Lane, Norton
- Madresfield Road, Malvern
- Road from A4538 island up to Tibberton, Crowle
- B4078 between Eckington and Bredon
- A44 at Wood Norton, restricted to single lane use
- The only access to Hinton Village is via Haselor Road (all other access roads, including the C2007, Emley Castle Road are closed)
- Brook Lane, Cropthorne
- Willersey Road, Badsey
- A449 Worcester Road between Stocks Lane, Newland (Malvern) and Powick (Worcester) has been closed due to a road traffic collision. The road is expected to be closed until midnight.
Roads in the north of the county:
- Yew Tree Lane, Frankley
- Astwood Lane, Feckenham
- Holloway Lane, Redditch
- Peterbrook Road, Wythall
- A448 Kidderminster Road in Bromsgrove - road from Mustow Green to Perryfields crossroads
- A450 Bromsgrove - from A448 at Mustow Green to Hackman's Gate crossroads.
- Icknield Street at the junction of Primrose Hill, Alvechurch
For further information, see the Environment Agency's Midlands Flood Warning/ Alerts page.