Barnt Green is a semi-rural village of some 728 households with approximately 1800 residents in the Bromsgrove District of Worcestershire.
The Parish is bounded on its north-west side by the wooded Lickey Hills and to the east by the Bittell Reservoirs. The main Birmingham to Bristol and Wales railway line, and the Cross City line from Lichfield to Redditch, runs through the centre of the village. Junction 2 of the M42 motorway is 3 miles to the east and Junction 4 of the M5 motorway is 4 miles to the west. To the south of the village is mixed-farm land.
The railway station which is in the heart of the village provides the residents of the Parish with a frequent train service to Birmingham (12 miles) and Redditch (8 miles), but only a very limited service to Worcester (20 miles). There is a bus service to Birmingham and Bromsgrove, and a sporadic service to Alvechurch and Redditch.
There are 3 churches in the village. St Andrew’s parish church has a thriving youth club complemented by guide, scout, brownie, and cub troops. The Baptist Church, The Friends Meeting House and the Parish Church have large meeting halls which are well used by all the village organizations. There are nurseries and play groups for the younger children, and a very good first school.
The Parish has two public houses, a sports club with tennis, squash and badminton facilities and a social club. There is a thriving cricket club with 2 pitches, a sailing club and a fishing club. A park (Millennium Park), which includes a children’s play area, is situated in the centre of the village and a large playing field for the older children is situated to the north, off Bittell Road.
There is a thriving commercial centre in Hewell Road which contains many good shops, doctors, dentists, a post office, solicitors, three fast-food outlets, two restaurants and several small businesses
Contact the Parish Council